WHEN .. NEW TIMES!!
BLUES DANCE LESSON 8PM-9PM
(included in cover)
BLUES DANCE 9PM-1AM
9PM-10:20PM DJ TBA
-- Birthmonth/Out-of-Towner Steal Dance* --
-- Bow Tie Dance --
10:20AM-11:40PM DJ TBA
11:40PM-1AM DJ TBA
Visit your favorite Halloween shop, goodwill or craft store and put together a costume that is set to impress!
Solo or partnered entries only. No group entries.
Judges will be looking for creativity, originality and commitment to character. Don’t be late! Judging will occur close to but not before 11pm.
dSB would like to thank all of our prize partners: Coming soon
1st Place Prize - (1) All Access Pass to L.A. Blues, February 23-25, 2018
2nd Place Prize - (1) Half-Priced All Access Pass to L.A. Blues, February 23-25, 2018
3rd Place Prize - (1) Pass to: do Something Blue, Others TBA
Honorable Mentions - Choice of (1) pass from one of our partner dances
No outside drinks or food allowed in the Legion (lobby, lounge, dance hall, etc).
Of course do Something Blue will continue to provide complimentary snacks and a variety of beverages will be available for purchase from the Legion.
Bonus - All beverage proceeds go towards their activities and programs for Veterans!
A big thank you to the Legion for sharing this great space and working with us so do Something Blue can continue to be here!
CODE OF CONDUCT
A Steal Dance is when special* dancer(s) are invited to the center of the dance floor and other dancers steal them throughout the selected song. Steal them often and kindly, like when (s)he is coming out of/leading a turn and you can easily grab his/her hand.
*Special at dSB means it is the dancer’s birthmonth, (s)he is moving away, or visiting from out-of-town.
What's the Bow Tie Dance?
The Bow Tie Dance is our tribute to Carl Flores, a SoCal dancer who was a warm and welcoming person known the world over. Carl loved dance, he loved to travel, and he loved to wear bow ties. He left us too soon and in honor of him our first song after the Out-of-towner/Birthmonth Steal Dance invites everyone back on the floor to dance with someone they have NEVER danced with before.It's our Bow Tie Dance - meet new people, make new friends.We miss you Carl!
WHERE .. NEW LOCATION!!
American Legion Post #13
131 Marengo Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101
NOTE: Depending on the time (after 10pm), you might need to access the Legion's back entrance by going through the Holly Street Village Apartments, which is located just north of the Legion.
$10* (Cash or Credit)
*This is the cash discount price. Full price (using Credit/Apple Pay) for entry is $11. No Bills Larger Than $20 Accepted.
Note: There is NO street parking allowed in Pasadena between 2am and 6am except where posted otherwise.
- Go Green! Take the Metro Gold Line to the Memorial Park Station.
- There are a few unrestricted spots located right outside the Legion's main entrance.
- 50 (metered) street parking within one block of the Legion
- Please note meter’s operating hours & time limit when parking at any meter!
- Meters are typically $1.25/hr (some are free after 5pm, some after 8pm, and others are never free .. so check the signs!)
- Some meters ONLY take coins, quarters, dimes, nickels so come prepared or park at a parking garage that accepts CC.
- 150 Holly Street Parking Garage
This parking structure on the south side of Holly St. behind the First Baptist Church. $5 flat rate Fridays after 4pm and all day on weekends. CC accepted.
- Other Pasadena City Parking Garages
Find a map of these facilities at http://bit.ly/LAB-Parking-Structures
-CLICK HERE- for a printable version of the Parking Guide & Map that is included below.
Register your birthmonth with do Something Blue by 11PM the Wednesday before the dance & get in FREE!
After completing the Birthmonth Registration form (link provided), you will receive an email at the address provided. You MUST REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. This allows us to verify your contact information for our mailing list*.
NOTE: You MUST REPLY to this email by 11PM the Wednesday before that month's dance (assuming that is the month of your birth) to be placed on our guest list (free entry).
If you are submitting a few months before your birthmonth, great! You're planning ahead! Just don't forget to REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
Replies received after this deadline are welcome to join the birthmonth steal dance but will NOT get in for free.
Special Engagements Excluded. If your birthmonth is a month for which this applies, at dSB's discretion, either a discounted cover will be offered or you will be emailed with the replacement offer.
*By signing up for the birthmonth list you have agreed to be on our mailing list. If you unsubscribe from our mailing list you will also be permanently removed from our birthmonth list. Anyone found to make fraudulent birthmonth claims will no longer have the opportunity to be on any month’s birthmonth list.
If you have already submitted your birthmonth a previous year, there is NO NEED TO RESUBMIT. Again, you only need to SUBMIT ONCE. There is NO NEED TO EVER RESUBMIT!
We can't wait to celebrate your birthmonth with you!
Animal Shelter Wish List & Donations
dSB Founder and Organizer, Tracy, loves animals. As a volunteer at LA Animal Services from 2009-2015 and currently at the NKLA Adoption Center. She invites you to bring donations for the shelter to any of the monthly dances. Even the smallest item means a lot to the animals, especially your old (but clean) towels and bedding. Here are a few different ways (she'll drop off the items at the shelter for you!) you can help:
1) Bring in your old (but clean) towels/bedding or any other item from LA Animal Services' North Central Shelter's Wish List to any of dSB's monthly dances. Towels/bedding make nice soft surfaces for the animals at the shelter..and we go through A LOT of them (for sanitary reasons, they are often discarded when a new animal occupies the kennel)!
2) Choose Home Dog LA as the Non-Profit you support when making a purchase on Amazon (Smile). .05% of every qualifying purchase completed using Amazon Smile will benefit this life-saving organization that runs the Intervention Program at North Central Shelter. Find out more at http://smile.amazon.com/about and http://www.homedogla.org/
Also, if you’re interested in adopting a pet, please feel free to talk to Tracy about your options (adopt, rescue, foster, etc) at the dance!